Cash Prizes for 4 Different Species:
Lake Trout, Kokanee Salmon, Trout*, and Carp
First Place Cash Prize per fish species $1000
Second Place Cash Prize per fish species $500
Third Place Cash Prize per fish species $250
*Trout includes Browns, Rainbows, and Cutthroat. There will be one prize, and all 3 types of fish can be entered into the category.
2019 will have a Green Wing youth category 17 years of age and under.
The exception is that if they enter a fish in the regular category they will only be eligible for one or the other not both categories.
RJP Construction Inc has sponsored our youth category this year!
First Place Cash Prize per fish species $200
Second Place Cash Prize per fish species $100
Third Place Cash Prize per fish species $50
1. A team consists of 1-4 anglers. All team members must fish together (use the same boat, bank, etc.). Passengers are allowed in the boat.
2. Entry Fee: $200 per team* Personal Checks, cash, certified funds, and credit cards** are accepted. Teams with returned checks or denied credit cards will be contacted and given one more chance to provide the entry fees. *Entry fees could be higher if shirts are purchased for the entire team. **All credit cards will be charged a processing fee of 3%, making your total $206. With team shirts total will be $309.
3. All teams must check-in at The Hub to pick up their registration packet on Friday, June 21st, 2019 between 2:00 PM to 7:00 PM (No later than 7:00 PM).
4. Fishing times: Saturday, June 22nd 5:30 AM to 6:30 PM & Sunday, June 23rd 5:30 AM to 11:00 AM
5. Fish must be registered at Lucerne Valley Marina no later than 1 hour after the close of each day. No Exceptions. The scales will close at 7:30 PM on Saturday and 12:00 PM Sunday.
6. All Entries will be based on weight; in case of a tie length* will be used as the tie breaker. *Length is measured by squeezing the tail fin of the fish to get the length at the very end of the fish.
7. If Lake Trout category is not filled, the prize money will be divided and paid into other categories.
8. The Derby is subject to cancellation or postponement due to weather conditions. Those decisions will be made by Derby officials, Lucerne Valley Marina, US Forest Service, Wyoming Game and Fish, and Utah Division of Wildlife Resources. Anglers will be notified by text messaging services.
9. All contestants must observe all US Coast Guard, Wyoming Game and Fish, Utah Division of Wildlife Resources, Utah State Parks, US Forest Service, Daggett County Rules & Regulations, and Sweetwater County Rules and Regulations.
10. Carp category: Fish may be caught either by bow fishing or line and tackle.
11. All teams are required to report to Derby Officials on Saturday evening no later than 7:30 PM (by cellphone text or call). This is to report you are safe. You may continue fishing; however any fish not reported by the deadline or caught after you have reported in will not be eligible. Any team not checked in by 7:30 PM will get 1 call to the captain’s number listed. No response will result in disqualification of the ENTIRE team and forfeiture of entry fee.
12. All contestants must abide by Utah and Wyoming Aquatic Invasive Species Regulations. "Any contest watercraft coming from out of the state of Wyoming, is required to undergo a mandatory inspection by an authorized AIS inspector prior to launching. Participants violating that regulation will be disqualified."
13. All of Flaming Gorge Reservoir is involved in the tournament. No Boundaries, except for no fishing inside of the buoys of Buck Board, Lucerne Valley, and Cedar Springs Marinas.
14. All teams are to meet back at The Hub on Sunday June 23rd, 2019 at 1:00 PM. Where there will be a barbeque and prizes given away.
15. There will not be a total team weight category. All fish entered are subject to examination by Fisheries Biologists and Derby Officials. Up to and including opening of any fish for inspection. Anyone caught using anything to increase the weight of the fish will disqualify the entire team.
16. Weigh in station will be provided at Lucerne Valley Marina.
17. Rubber nets are recommended when netting Rainbow Trout and Kokanee. If you do not have a rubber net, Anglers must release Kokanee and Rainbow Trout in the water. While reeling the Kokanee or Rainbow trout to the boat, and Angler decides that it is worthy of check-in, the Angler can boat it and check that fish. If not, the Angler will shake it off the line or remove the hook(s) with pliers in the water. This reduces handling time, descaling and exposure to the air. All of which could play a role in the fish’s mortality.
18. Only one fish per category per angler may be entered throughout the tournament. Fish must be caught during Derby hours on Flaming Gorge Reservoir. Only one fish per category to be kept to promote catch and release, in case of a tie, length of the fish will be used to determine the winner.
19. Any Watercraft that has been in water infested with Zebra/Quagga mussels within the last 30 days is required to undergo a mandatory inspection by an authorized inspector prior to launching.
20. Culling is not permitted. The decision to release a fish or keep it for contest entry must be made immediately. Any fish caught that is not to be entered into the contest shall be released immediately back into the lake. Once a fish is put on a stringer, in a container or a live well it can’t be released.
Prize Qualification Based on the Following:
1. Lake Trout:Fish must be freshly caught, a maximum length of 28” (inches) for entry eligibility.
Only one (1) Lake Trout may be in possession through the tournament.
2. Length Qualification: All Trout or Kokanee Salmon must be 18” (inches) or longer.
3. Carp has no limit.
Grounds for Disqualification
Violations of any laws or rules regarding fishing and boating safety regulations by the following jurisdictions: Utah Division of Wildlife, Utah State Parks, Wyoming Fish and Game, Wyoming State Parks, and US Forest Service. Violating any derby rules will also be grounds for disqualification.