Cash Prizes for 4 Different Species:
Lake Trout, Kokanee Salmon, Trout*, and Carp
First Place Cash Prize per fish species $1000
Second Place Cash Prize per fish species $500
Third Place Cash Prize per fish species $250
Lake Trout Pup Category*
First Place Cash Prize per fish species $500
Second Place Cash Prize per fish species $250
Third Place Cash Prize per fish species $100
*Trout includes: Browns, Rainbows, and Cutthroat. There will be one prize, and all 3 types of fish can be entered into the category. Lake Trout Pups will be a one day only individual total weight category. See rule #22 for details.
2020 will have a Green Wing youth category 17 years of age and under.
The exception is that if they enter a fish in the regular category they will only be eligible for one or the other not both categories.
RJP Construction Inc has sponsored our youth category this year!
First Place Cash Prize per fish species $200
Second Place Cash Prize per fish species $100
Third Place Cash Prize per fish species $50
1. A team consists of 1-4 anglers. All team members must fish together (use the same boat, bank, etc.). Passengers are allowed in the boat.
2. Entry Fee: $200 per team* Personal Checks, cash, certified funds, and credit cards** are accepted. Teams with returned checks or denied credit cards will be contacted and given one more chance to provide the entry fees. *Entry fees could be higher if shirts are purchased for the entire team. **All credit cards will be charged a processing fee of $10
3. All teams must check-in at The Hub to pick up their registration packet on Friday, June 26th, 2020 between 2:00 PM to 7:00 PM (No later than 7:00 PM).
4. Fishing times: Saturday, June 27th 5:30 AM to 6:30 PM & Sunday, June 28 th 5:30 AM to 11:00 AM
5. Fish must be registered at Lucerne Valley Marina no later than 1 hour after the close of each day. No Exceptions. The scales will close at 7:30 PM on Saturday and 12:00 PM Sunday.
6. All Entries will be based on weight; in case of a tie length* will be used as the tie breaker. *Length is measured by squeezing the tail fin of the fish to get the length at the very end of the fish.
7. If Lake Trout category is not filled, the prize money will be divided and paid into other categories.
8. The Derby is subject to cancellation or postponement due to weather conditions. Those decisions will be made by Derby officials, Lucerne Valley Marina, US Forest Service, Wyoming Game and Fish, and Utah Division of Wildlife Resources. Anglers will be notified by text messaging services.
9. All contestants must observe all US Coast Guard, Wyoming Game and Fish, Utah Division of Wildlife Resources, Utah State Parks, US Forest Service, Daggett County Rules & Regulations, and Sweetwater County Rules and Regulations.
10.Carp category: Fish may be caught either by bow fishing or line and tackle.
11. All teams are required to report to Derby Officials on Saturday evening no later than 7:30 PM and Sunday by 1 PM(by cellphone text or call). This is to report you are safe. You may continue fishing; however any fish not reported by the deadline or caught after you have reported in will not be eligible. Any team not checked in by those times will get 1 call to the captain’s number listed. No response will result in disqualification of the ENTIRE team and forfeiture of entry fee. No exceptions!!
12.All contestants must abide by Utah and Wyoming Aquatic Invasive Species Regulations. "Any contest watercraft coming from out of the state of Wyoming, is required to undergo a mandatory inspection by an authorized AIS inspector prior to launching. Participants violating that regulation will be disqualified." Contestants must also obtain Copy of Certification of Mussel-Aware Boater Program located online. This Mussel-Aware Boaters Program “Decontamination Certification Form” must be displayed on the dashboard of your launch vehicle and a copy presented to derby officials.
13.All of Flaming Gorge Reservoir is involved in the tournament. No Boundaries, except for no fishing inside of the buoys of Buck Board, Lucerne Valley, and Cedar Springs Marinas.
14.All teams are to meet back at The Hub on Sunday June 28 th, 2020 at 1:00 PM. Where there will be a barbeque and prizes given away.
15.There will not be a total team weight category. All fish entered are subject to examination by Fisheries Biologists and Derby Officials. Up to and including opening of any fish for inspection. Anyone caught using anything to increase the weight of the fish will disqualify the entire team.
16.Weigh in station will be provided at Lucerne Valley Marina.
17.Anglers are prohibited from procuring the services of an outfitter or guide.
18.Rubber nets are recommended when netting Rainbow Trout and Kokanee. If you do not have a rubber net, Anglers must release Kokanee and Rainbow Trout in the water. While reeling the Kokanee or Rainbow trout to the boat, and Angler decides that it is worthy of check-in, the Angler can boat it and check that fish. If not, the Angler will shake it off the line or remove the hook(s) with pliers in the water. This reduces handling time, descaling and exposure to the air. All of which could play a role in the fish’s mortality.
19.Only one fish per category per angler may be entered throughout the tournament (excluding laker pups). Fish must be caught during Derby hours on Flaming Gorge Reservoir. In case of a tie, length of the fish will be used to determine the winner.
20.Any Watercraft that has been in water infested with Zebra/Quagga mussels within the last 30 days is required to undergo a mandatory inspection by an authorized inspector prior to launching.
21.Culling is not permitted. The decision to release a fish or keep it for contest entry must be made immediately. Once a fish is put on a stringer, in a container or a live well it can’t be released.
22.Pup Lake Trout Category (SATURDAY ONLY) • The top 3 anglers with the most weight of Lake Trout less than 28 inches wins. Each angler may enter no more than one daily limit on Saturday (12 Lake Trout less than 28-inches). The tie breaker will be the combined total length of all fish. Fish greater than 28 inches will be disqualified and not count towards the total weight. (There is no separate youth category, all anglers included in this category) Derby officials make the final determination.
Prize Qualification Based on the Following:
1. Lake Trout:Fish must be freshly caught, a maximum length of 28” (inches) for entry eligibility.
2. Length Qualification: All Trout or Kokanee Salmon must be 18” (inches) or longer.
3. Carp has no limit.
Grounds for Disqualification
Violations of any laws or rules regarding fishing and boating safety regulations by the following jurisdictions: Utah Division of Wildlife, Utah State Parks, Wyoming Fish and Game, Wyoming State Parks, and US Forest Service. Violating any derby rules will also be grounds for disqualification.